After spending the afternoon at my sister’s coach, I feel a bit talky tonight and an outfit post wouldn’t be enough, so I wanted to share 10 private facts that you probably don’t know about me, unless you’re stalking me in real life, or you’re a computer hacker;) It would be so much fun if you guys left a fact about yourself in the comment section to make me get to know you better. Let’s go.
1.My sister is not only my photographer but also my best friend. Ever since we grew out of the terrible teenage years, our siblinglove turned into friendship. She’s one of the few people that’s always a hundred percent honest with me and that I can trust completely. By now, I can tell that even people you might call best friends will never have your back the way a sister does. This uprightness is not only useful in everyday life, but it’s also quite beneficial while shooting outfits as my sister has the guts to say: You look puffy in that outfit, that pose is stupid and your make up is a mess.
2. Not only my face, but also my elbows and knees are covered in freckles. Many people told me that this is quite an unsual and fun thing as it’s the only spots I have them. The remaing parts of my skin are freckle-free suprisingly.
3. Ever since I turned brunette, more than a year ago, I haven’t visited the hairdresser. Being able to color the roots myself, I also started to cut the ends by myself, which doesn’t even turn out that bad. It’s not that my hairdresser doesn’t do a good job, but I simply consider it a waste of time, maybe as well because small-talk isn’t my thing and using headphones is quite impolite.
4. My right elbow doesn’t stretch properly due to an accident that occured when I was 13 years old. I used to be a gymnast at that time and was training hard to compete in the first class. A week before the competitions, I was practicing on the bars and suddenly, while doing a totally basic movement, my foot got stuck and I fell, head first, onto the floor. I still remember that cracking noise when I hit the ground and that horrible scream that came out of my mouth when I saw that my elbow was entirely out of joint. 2 years of physio were necessary to get that arm moving again and today I’m so thankful that this accident only affected the unbending of my elbow and not the movement of my hands.
5.I love my dog more than I like most people. He’s a 4 years old Bernese Mountain Dog and named after the main caracter of the movie Happy Feet: Mumble. He’s absolutely crazy and that makes life and walks in the forrest so much fun. We’ve had Bernese Mountain Dogs for more than 13 years and for me they’re the best dogs around as they’re so family friendly, intelligent and very protective about their pack. One fun part about Mumble’s stubborn caracter is that he only obeys when he feels that it’s necessary,or when I have a cookie in my pocket;)
6.I’m the worst cook in the world and I even microwave my potatoes. In fact when David and I met for the first time, during a getaway weekend with friends, I was supposed to bring a potatoe salad. Unfortunately I got up a bit late and didn’t have lots of time to get it together, so I didn’t check if the potatoes were fully cooked and simply threw them in the bole with the other ingredients. Once arrived David tasted it and I still remember him saying : Oh that’s pretty good. Of course he just wanted to be kind to me as we’ve just met, but a bunch of weeks later he confessed that it was the worst salad of his life as the potatoes were as stony as a wooden table. Right now he still loves to make fun of me by asking if I did put them into the boiling water that day or if I was only holding them under warm water of the faucet.
7.My first designer piece: a Louis Vuitton pochette that I got at the age of 18. As I was still going to school and didn’t have a real job by then obviously, I distributed flyers during more than 22 hours to be able to afford it. And believe me ,these 22 hours were everything but fun, because you get to deal with many grumpy and impertinent people, but leaving the store with that little brown bag totally made up for it. As of today I still have the bag and I’m still so proud about it. In fact I was never gifted one of my pricier items, but always worked my ass off to be able to afford them. There is simply no way that I would want my family to gift me such things as I don’t consider this right. If there’s someone spoiling me then it’s myself.
8. I’ve had some plastic surgery done almost 5 years ago (woooaaaa) because I didn’t feel comfortable in my own body. Before that,I had to deal with lots of insecurities, which had repercussions on every aspect of my life. I never regretted this surgery and even if it was one of the most painful things I experienced so far, I would do it all over again. I stand completely by that decision, although it brought me lots of critics and people that turned out to be as fake as can be. Isn’t it fun how people try to talk you into something that you, all by yourself, know that it won’t make you happy?Because in the end you have to feel comfortable in your skin and no one else can do it for you.
9. My weekends always destroy the progress of my entire week. During the week I eat very healthy, lots of veggies, fruits, oats and I drink loads of water. Once Saturday morning strikes, my entire discipline vanishes and I can’t get enough of pastries, pasta and pizza. But today I made the first step to change that for good as I got to see my sister’s coach who will set me up a meal and work out plan that will get the best out of me. I’m so looking forward to finally get rid of the superfluous pounds.
10. I admit it : I love Pusheen the cat and I annoy the sh** out of everyone by sending these emoticons around all day long. For christmas I was even gifted Pusheen’s book and I was so excited about it that my boyfriend almost got mad because I didn’t react the same way to his gift. Sorry about that babe but you know that I adore that ring you got me. In case you don’t know Pusheen, her’s the official website.